Getting to Know You: What is something about yourself that you like best that makes you unique?
Getting to Know the Bible:
Read Ephesians 4:1-10
1) What does it look like to “to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called” (hint: vs. 2-3)?
Gifts: Unity BUT Diversity Read Ephesians 4:1-7
2) What does it look like to be “completely humble and gentle?” When have you seen it? (vs. 2)
3) What unifies us as Christians? (vs. 4-6) What diversifies us as Christians? (vs. 7) Why would God introduce diversity into something He wants to be unified? How is this an exhibition of grace towards us?
4) What do our gifts from Christ have to do with Christ filling all things? (vs. 10)
Gifts where there used to be Law Read Ephesians 4:8-10
“He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant – not of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the letter (of the Law) kills, but the (Holy) Spirit gives life.”
~2 Corinthians 3:6
5) In these verses, Paul alludes to Moses “coming down” with the 10 commandments (see Exodus 20; Psalm 68:18). What’s different about receiving the 10 commandments and receiving the gifts of Christ through the Holy Spirit?
How do I Apply Myself to This Message?
How well are you currently doing at leading “a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called”? What is one thing you could start doing differently this week to be doing better?
In specific observance of your day today, how do you see an example and experience the gift of Christ’s grace that He has given to each of us?